GREEN TEAM I
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION
Title of Position:
Green Team Crewmember
Activities and Responsibilities:
Green Team Crewmembers get a summer experience like no other! Each summer, Wildlands Trust designs this fun, hands-on, interactive opportunity to engage middle school students in environmental learning and volunteerism. Crewmembers will work primarily outdoors while acquiring new skills and knowledge about conservation, agriculture, wildlife, and water resources.
Areas of Focus:
- Trail Work and Land Stewardship
- Organic Agriculture
- Wildlife Conservation
- Outdoor Recreation
Crewmembers will all meet at the Wildlands Trust headquarters each morning. From here, staff will transport the team to different local areas for the day’s project. Crewmembers will carry out activities under the supervision of Wildlands Trust staff and under the guidance of local conservation professionals from various organizations in Southeastern Massachusetts.
Wildlands Trust Headquarters (Davis-Douglas Farm)
675 Long Pond Road
Plymouth, MA 02360
Tuesday, July 10 through Friday, July 13 from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Must be between 12 and 14 years of age (ages 15 – 18 eligible for GT II).
- Must be able to commit to the full session.
- Ability to follow direction and work in a team setting.
- Willingness to work outdoors daily in changing weather conditions.
- Ability and willingness to perform physical labor including (but not limited to) kneeling, walking, hiking, and carrying tools.
- Training with a variety of hand tools.
- Exposure to working in the conservation/environmental/agricultural fields.
- Green Team t-shirts provided.
- Exploration of new places with like-minded peers!
- Excellent crewmembers will be highly considered for Green Team II once 15-years-old, which runs for two weeks in July and earns a small stipend.
Rachel Calderara, Outreach and Education Manager
774.343.5121 x108 | firstname.lastname@example.org