GREEN TEAM II
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION
Title of Position:
Green Team Crewmember
Activities and Responsibilities:
Green Team Crewmembers get a summer experience like no other! Each summer, Wildlands Trust designs this fun, hands-on, interactive opportunity to engage high school students in environmental learning and volunteerism. Crewmembers will work primarily outdoors while acquiring new skills and knowledge about conservation, agriculture, wildlife, and water resources.
Ares of Focus:
- Trail Work and Land Stewardship
- Organic Agriculture
- Wildlife Conservation
- Water Resource Conservation
- Outdoor Recreation, including camping
Crewmembers will all meet at the Wildlands Trust headquarters each morning. From here, staff will transport the team to different areas for the day’s project. Crewmembers will carry out activities under the supervision of Wildlands staff and under the guidance of local conservation professionals from various organizations.
Wildlands Trust Headquarters (Davis-Douglas Farm)
675 Long Pond Road
Plymouth, MA 02360
July 17th – 26th, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9:00am – 3:00pm
with the addition of an overnight campout on Wednesday, July 25
- Must be between 15 and 18 years of age (ages 12 – 14 eligible for GT I).
- Must be able to commit to the full session, including campout.
- Ability to follow direction and work in a team setting.
- Willingness to work outdoors daily in changing weather conditions.
- Ability and willingness to perform physical labor including (but not limited to) kneeling, walking, hiking, and carrying tools.
- Training with a variety of hand and power tools.
- Exposure to working in the conservation/environmental/agricultural fields.
- Stipend of $175 earned at completion.
- Green Team t-shirts provided.
- Excellent crewmembers may be considered for paid seasonal positions with Wildlands Trust once 18 years old.
Rachel Calderara, Outreach and Education Manager
774.343.5121 x108 | firstname.lastname@example.org