Wildlands Trust Community Stewardship Program
Let us help you manage your conservation lands!
Town and conservation groups in Southeastern Massachusetts may lack adequate staffing resources to care for conservation lands. Staffing constraints often mean that they may never fully benefit from the investments they have made in open space protection; management plans are not established, new trails are never built, and older trail systems and amenities are not properly maintained. As the region protects more and more open space it is important to implement proper care for these conservation lands and, when appropriate, establish access for safe public use and enjoyment.
Wildlands Trust's Community Stewardship Program can help provide reliable and affordable on-the-ground land stewardship support for towns, private land owners, and other non-profits that lack designated stewardship staff and expertise.
Let us assist you with:
- Property Management Plans
- Open Space Plans
- Habitat Restoration Planning
- Grant Application Preparation
- Trail Design and Construction
- Trail Maintenance/Stewardship
- Amenity Planning and Construction (kiosks, benches, signage, parking areas)
- Custom Trail Map Design and Interactive Applications
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Services
- Natural Resource and Wildlife Inventories
- Baseline Documentation Reports
- Vernal Pool Certification and Wetland Delineations
- Invasive Species Management
- Volunteer Recruitment and Supervision
Please call 774-343-5121 x105 or email Conor Michaud to find out more about how the Community Stewardship Program can help your group meet its conservation goals.